The Benefits of Using SIM Unlocked Phones
Aside from being able to take advantage of low-cost SIM-only plans, there are other advantages you can enjoy when using an unlocked mobile phone.
- Switch SIM cards anytime if you require a new mobile phone number to use or if your other phone’s battery has died out and you are expecting a call on your other number
- Switch SIM cards anytime another carrier company offers more competitive rates
- Save on roaming charges by using an international SIM card when abroad.
That’s more than possible but it ultimately depends on which carrier company you are currently subscribed to. If you are using a T-Mobile SIM card, then you are in luck because it’s arguably the most “easygoing” company when it comes to unlocking phones. T-Mobile offers unlocking codes to their subscribers as long as they have been using their SIM cards for at least ninety days.
The opposite is true for AT&T subscribers. It’s the company that’s notorious for being uncooperative when it comes to unlocking any of the SIM-locked phones they issue to their subscribers. As for the other carriers like Sprint and Verizon, it ultimately depends on the terms and conditions of your contract as well as how you argue your case. In some instances, you may have to pay a certain fee for the mobile phone carrier to provide you with a SIM unlocking code.
How to Unlock Your SIM Locked Phone
Assuming that your mobile phone carrier refuses to provide you with the requisite unlocking code, you still have other options for unlocking your SIM-locked phone. Just be aware that the moment you do, the warranties owed to you by your carrier company and even the cell phone manufacturer may both be void.
Generally speaking, you need to acquire the following information regardless of what method you use for unlocking your mobile phone.
- Your mobile phone number
- The carrier company that your phone is locked to as well as in which country
- The manufacturer of your cell phone and its model number
- The IMEI number of your phone, which is the unique 15-digit serial number assigned to every phone manufactured. You can obtain it by dialing *#06# on your phone. If you are using an Apple iPhone, you can obtain your IMEI number by clicking on the Settings Button. Choose “General” and “About” next.
Filed Under: MOBILE HACKS
Click Here To Download Winspy Keylogger